Are you getting overwhelmed in uploading photos and videos to multiple sites, keeping up with updating our status on several sites, keeping up with different instant messaging accounts, and announcing your latest blog post elsewhere? Keeping up with all this can require lots of attention – or using key services can be streamlined for easier tasks. Here’s my recommendations for easing the workload:
- Ping.fm – a great service to update your status on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Plaxo, and many other sites. Be sure to get the IM bot and text message options set up for your accounts.
- Pixelpipe – a media distribution gateway that allows you to publish text, photo, video and audio files once through Pixelpipe and have the content distributed across over 55 social networks, photo/video sites and blogs, and online storage. The applications for phones is super helpful on the go.
- Tubemogul – single point for deploying uploads to the top video sharing sites, and powerful analytics on who, what, and how videos are being viewed.
- Digsby – multiple IM client that lets you chat with all your friends on AIM, MSN, Yahoo, ICQ, Google Talk, and Jabber with one simple to manage buddy list. It also alerts you of events like new messages and gives you a live Newsfeed of what your friends are up to.
- ClickToAdd.Me – Retaggr’s easy way to share all your social media accounts with one link
- SocialMarker – designed to reduce the time and effort needed to socially bookmark a website. Note: don’t self-promote excessively
- Article Submitter – while not free, it is a recommended service to submit your articles to multiple sites at once.
- Twitterfeed – feed your blog to twitter, identi.ca, HelloTxt or Ping.fm
- TweetLater – schedule tweets (like quotes), auto-follow,
- Ping-o-matic – pinging your blog notifies search engines that you’ve updated your site and helps you be indexed by search engines. Most blog engines allow you to set this as an automatic feature when you make a new post.
- Import your blog into Facebook notes and LinkedIn’s RSS or Blog applications – it will automatically publish itself there when you update
Remember – while automating these services helps your time management – it should free up time for you to interact and connect with people. Being the loudest at the social media party isn’t the goal here.