This is obviously ideal for destination locations, as well as promoting tourist events. However, local and small business owners can put their pins to work as well.
How to Add a Place to Your Pinterest Boards
When viewing your boards, select “edit” at the bottom:
Add your map location:
Add a place on the map:
You’ll notice the locations are accessing the Foursquare database.
How to Add Pinterest Place Pins from a computer:
After adding your pin, view the board and edit the pin to include a place.
How to add a Pinterest Place Pin from mobile:
From Pinterest on your mobile device, add a pin (bottom middle)
Find a place. This will access Foursquare’s listing of locations:
Select the correct venue, and add a photo to your pin:
You’ll need to provide a description of your pin before saving:
Pinterest Place Pins Strategy for Local and Small Business Owners:
Now that you know how to use Pinterest Place Pins, it’s time to form your strategy around why to use them.
- Pin the websites of local business owners (and consider making it a community board).
- Feature multiple boards on your business account that showcase local businesses based upon their industry
- Curate a board of your products in use around your community
- Promote events and locations where your business will be appearing
- Feature items in your store with locations mapped to them.
What are your ideas on how to make use of Pinterest Place Pins? Leave your suggestions below.