I am an avid fan of podcasts. They allow me to listen to learn all sorts of valuable information on my time. Often I listen to these talk shows while I’m driving, cleaning the house, walking, and even while I’m working at my computer. I find the information to keep me current with a lot of areas in my industry, but also to expand my knowledge in hobbies like gardening.
The podcasts, though, that I enjoy most are related to the core of my business, WordPress. Here are the ones that publish fairly recently at the time of this writing (many have podfaded – stopped publishing).
Podcasts About WordPress
- WordPress Resource – Your Website Engineer –
- WP Plugins from A to Z – a roundup of new plugins and summary of their experience
- WordPress Medic – not published routinely but decent info for DIY non-developers at website maintenance
- WP Bacon – a monthly show with only 2 episodes in, I’m enjoying the interviews they’ve shared.
- Apply Filters – this is heavily developer focus and great for coders
Podcasts About WordPress As Your Business
- MattReport – interviews with those that build websites on WordPress as a core part of their business. Great information on how to manage the business and client expectations.
- The WordPress Chick – not heavily developer oriented but great information on how to tell if your website is getting the results you want with some interviews with others on how they built their business by developing WordPress resources.
- WP Elevation – tools, tips, and coaching advice on managing the business of building WordPress websites. Less WordPress oriented itself, more about how to get through collecting client content, pricing, and more.
- The Dradcast – Interviews on Google+ Hangouts with various 3rd party template, plugin, and other resources with a hearty dose of updates about the community around WordPress
- WP Watercooler – developers talking shop
- WordPress.tv – videos recorded at various WordCamps
- Genesis Office Hours – Carrie Dils runs a weekly hangout with other Genesis theme developers
- WP Unicorn – Spunky Suzette Franck hosts a weekly show covering all things important happening in the WordPress community
Listen In Your Browser to WordPress Radio
If you’d rather not subscribe to these shows, you can drop in any time at WPR.FM and listen inside your browser or get the information to play this online radio station in any number of players.
The Local Small Business Show:
My podcast with only a few WordPress news bits weekly. My goal is for what small business owners need to know, not the deep end of all that is happening in WordPress.