(or Why your family member or the kid next door can’t do it all for you)
I absolutely love helping business owners develop their own websites. However, I don’t love when I come across acquaintances websites that are lacking a few fundamental settings.
I’ve been asked, why can’t I just do it myself (especially if WordPress boasts of a 5 minute install) or I did it all by myself and it’s good enough. Best of them all, my nephew helped me do it all.
While something is always better than nothing, having some professional help getting core parts of your site established can be the difference between just having a website or having a website that gets traffic, is pleasing to view, works on many devices, and is SEO ready (do you want a site no one discovers or can bare to look at?).
What the WordPress professionals know:
- Customizing your look and layout
- Advanced SEO settings (if your blog posts end in p=?1230, if your contact page doesn’t contain geotags, or if your website title says “Just Another WordPress Blog”, you’re missing out)
- You can and should run the entire site under WordPress most of the time, not just the /blog part of your site.
- How to make your site mobile responsive (look good on mobile devices)
- Adding in the code to view traffic coming to your websites, keywords being used, and overall effectiveness (Google Analytics, Webmaster Tools, Bing Webmaster Tools)
- How to keep your site secure and backed up
- Customizing the look of your entire site, including the graphics, color scheme, layout, and remembering to include ways for people to subscribe to your email list
- An ongoing contract with your website developer will keep your site up to date. WordPress runs updates like software or apps.
- Integrated marketing and training related to email newsletters, social media, sms text messaging, and getting found in local seo.
I truly do love helping business owners get the basics done for them, and teach them how to maintain sites themselves. Your specialty is the work you do, the product knowledge you have. My specialty is digital marketing, including web development and social media. I like to help free up your time and maximize your online presence.