When you are looking to connect with other business owners and get the word out about your business, how do you start finding those networking events?
Here are a few places to start:
- Your local Chamber of Commerce may have open mixers
- BNI – Business Networking International has chapters across the globe
- Social Media Club – Not all of the businesses are in the business of social media, but use social media to connect with their audience
- Meetup – hobby groups up to professionally oriented groups
Another route is to find various events in your region to attend for just a day, connect with people there, and ask them how they network locally and routinely. A few events I’m sure to attend:
- WordCamp - a conference about WordPress
- PodCamp - a conference about Podcasting
- BarCamp - a conference about technology in general
And finally, you can check any types of conferences happening in your region using sites that aggregate social events.
What ways have you connected with other businesses for networking offline? Leave a comment belowFinding Networking Groups by Courtney Engle Robertson