It’s time to prepare for any memberships, conferences, events, and organizations my business should either participate in or present at during 2012 as my “business” Christmas 2011 wishlist. I’ve gathered a preliminary list for 2012 for my business and personal development:
Conferences to attend:
- Small Business Success Summit (February – ongoing) This new summit is all about small business. Its focus is to empower you to implement successful social media tactics, track and measure your social media activities, and see how successful social media campaigns were executed.Twenty-five of the world’s leading small business social media pros will be summit instructors–and all of them are small business owners.Presenters include John Jantsch (author, Duct Tape Marketing), Anita Campbell(founder, Small Business Trends), Michael Stelzner (founder, Social Media Examiner and author, Launch), Mari Smith (co-author, Facebook Marketing), Jesse Stay(author, Google+ for Dummies), Hollis Thomases (author, Twitter Marketing), David Siteman Garland (founder, “The Rise to the Top” and author, Smarter, Faster, Cheaper), Joe Pulizzi (founder, Content Marketing Institute and co-author, Get Content, Get Customers), Brian Clark (founder, Copyblogger Media), Lee Odden(founder, TopRank Online Marketing), Ramon Ray (founder, Small Biz Technology and author, Technology Solutions for Growing Businesses) and Lewis Howes (co-author, LinkedWorking)–just to mention a few.
- Inbound Marketing Summit NYC (February 28-29)
IMS is expanding its focus beyond inbound marketing! In 2012, IMS’ agenda will feature two new areas of focus: Content Automation Strategies and Mobile Content Strategies. Why have we done this? In the 3 years that The Pulse Networking has been producing Inbound Marketing Summit, we have witnessed an evolution in the state of social and digital marketing.
- Go-Giver Retreat (April 20-21) Bob Burg, author of “The Go-Giver”, “Endless Referrals”, and “It’s Not About You” is leading the way for this business networking event. Listen, Laugh and Learn. Accelerate Your Success in 2012. Meet Like-Minded Individuals and Some of Today’s Top Thought Leaders, Influencers and Speakers.
- Klemmer and Associates – Heart of the Samurai (April 24 – 29) The exercises in this six-day course are designed to change your ideas about wealth and abundance. You learn to understand and use money as a resource rather than a defining element of who you are. You will learn to adopt the spirit of abundance as your outlook on life.
- Blog World Expo NYC (June 5-7) Anyone who is creating content online with Blogging, Podcasting, Vlogging, Web TV or Internet Radio, Social Media, or New Media Content of any kind should attend BlogWorld & New Media Expo!
- Podcamp Philly 2012 (October 6-7) PodCamp is a Barcamp-style community unconference for anyone interested in podcasting, blogging, video-casting and social media.
- Go-Giver Coach – While I coach business owners on the “how-to’s” of networking online, my best source of guidance and inspiration in small business networking is Bob Burg’s “The Go-Giver”. Bob is a wealth of inspiration and knowledge on sales and networking. By becoming a coach, I’ll better serve my clients by incorporating a deeper level of social networking.
- Chambers of Commerce –
Chambersburg Chamber of Commerce
Hagerstown Chamber of Commerce
- Kitchen Table Companies – Starting and running your own business, while exciting and liberating, can leave you feeling scared and alone. Membership in Kitchen Table Companies means you’re no longer alone when you need to find answers to your most pressing business issues.